Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Training Director, the Clinical Trainer responsibilities include designing instructional materials and training packages for evidence-based best practices, leading trainings, and providing post-training implementation support. Trainer will function as part of a team of trainers, developing, coordinating, and facilitating internal staff trainings and external presentations. The position is on-site, and time will be split between Raritan Bay (South Amboy) and Lighthouse (Mays Landing).
- Apply adult learning theory principles to all new and existing curriculum design
- Facilitate training events and ongoing implementation follow-up activities
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices such as Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, 12-Step Facilitation, and trauma-informed care models
- Ensure that training events are completed on time and within budget
- Collaborate with the Training Team to develop new program initiatives
- Work harmoniously with colleagues, supporting colleagues as appropriate and balancing individual and team’s goals
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Master’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Social Services, or relative field required, and experience with working knowledge of electronic systems is preferred.
· At least two years of experience in behavioral health/substance use disorder treatment required; 2-3 years in a clinical training position, with experience creating curriculum, is preferred.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: Motivational Interviewing, Clinical Supervision, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Addiction Severity Index, ASAM Patient Placement Criteria, Psychodrama, trauma-informed care, and/or treatment planning.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to be flexible in adjusting to new and changing situations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
· Excellent organizational skills required
- Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Presentation: Effectively deliver content that meets the needs, wants, and levels of participants, and that can be effectively transferred from the classroom to the workplace.
- Learning Environment: Trainings and trainers support environments that are conducive to teaching and encouraging learning.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Raritan Bay – 901 Ernston Road, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879