Director of Nursing Job
Full-time Employment in South Amboy, New Jersey 08879
"I am a FT RN at RCA and I absolutely love it! My career has spanned 29 years and after having worked in a variety of settings as a registered nurse, I can honestly say that this is the best, most rewarding environment I’ve been a part of in many years. Management is available, receptive and supportive. Issues and concerns are addressed promptly and effectively. I am sincerely excited each day to be a part of this important and crucial undertaking in treating patients with substance use disorders with a holistic, compassionate and truly team-focused approach." — RCA Registered Nurse
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 15 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As the Director of Nursing, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques that will make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
Position Overview: The Director of Nursing directs, plans and coordinates service activities of professional nursing and auxiliary nursing personnel. Interprets facility policy and regulations to nursing personnel and ensures personnel compliance. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services to improve the quality of patient care and better utilize staff time and abilities. Responsible for department budget.
- Responsible for the 24-hour management of the Nursing Department and assuring that the daily tasks of the Nursing Department are carried out in accordance with facility policy and in compliance with State, Federal Regulations, and JCAHO Accreditation Standards
- Consult with CEO, CFO, and Medical Director on a routine basis in support of organizational mission and vision
- Interact with patients and families, clinical teams to promote individualized, person-centered and recovery-oriented treatment
- Create and manage the department budget
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate all nursing staff
- Hires, directs and evaluates nursing staff
- *This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing OR diploma from qualified nursing school and equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- New Jersey State Registered Nursing license required
- One (1) year in nursing supervision or nursing administration
- One (1) year of full-time experience with the management of addictions in a licensed substance use disorder treatment facility
- Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria, and terminology
- Possesses strong leadership qualities and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates as a leader in meetings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and proprietary facility systems
- *If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober
- Creating the New and Different: The ability to generate new ideas and breakthroughs requires vision, creativity, and broad interests and knowledge. Must also be able to speculate about alternatives, manage the innovation process and teams, and bring those ideas to market.
- Focusing on Action and Outcomes: Transformative CMOs must possess the potent combination of attacking everything with energy–while also keeping an eye on the bottom line. They must be unafraid to initiate action based on incomplete data, then drive to the finish and honestly assess results.
- Inspiring Others: Building motivated, high-performing teams–or even moving an entire organization to perform at a higher level–demands a compelling vision, commitment, and superior communication. These leaders also must understand what motivates different individuals.
- Business Acumen: Ability to develop and administer budgets with a strong bottom-line mentality. Understands the levers that make the biggest impact.
Work Environment: This job operates in a clinical treatment environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at South Amboy – 901 Ernston Road, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879