E00186 – Business Development Officer
"Being a member of a mission-driven organization like RCA — helping patients recover and helping professionals advance in their career — is amazing. RCA has award me so many opportunities in my personal and professional life. My team members are the most compassionate, intelligent, and hard-working group of individuals, and I’m grateful to work with such a remarkable group," Bill K. RCA Treatment Advocate
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment is delivered by compassionate, dedicated expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Treatment Advocate, you’ll be a part of our heroic mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your passion for fighting back against the disease of addiction will aid in patient recovery, as you connect patients with the treatment they need. You’ll be saving lives by acting as an advocate in the community. As you develop relationships and connections with hospitals, doctors’ offices, first responders, and more, you’ll pave the way to expanding RCA’s reach and saving a million lives one neighborhood at a time.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
Position Overview: Are you ready to make a positive impact in addiction treatment and recovery? Join us on our mission to help save 1 million lives. Our Treatment Advocates will identify, establish, maintain and develop relationships with all potential referents within their respective territories. Additionally, our Treatment Advocates are ensuring consistent and compassionate communication throughout the treatment experience not just for our patients, but also for their families, and all referral sources. Life experience with or in recovery is preferred.
- Customer Relationship Management: Engages customers interactively using technology, marketing, and customer services with the goal of improving business relationships with customers, assisting in customer retention and driving sales growth.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the lives of those we serve through a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Adaptability: Changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation. Consistently seeks solutions that will improve internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to help patients, families and all referents in the transition to treatment.
- Establishes, maintains and develops relationships with referents in assigned territories.
- Compiles competitive data and analyzes within assigned geographical region.
- Takes an active and collaborative role as a member of the sales team.
- Acts as a liaison between program staff and referents.
- Conducts presentations to highlight company services offered.
- Submits timely Salesforce data, expense reports, annual strategic plans and quarterly strategic plan updates.
- Attends industry related trade shows as assigned.
- Attends and participates in all marketing meetings and calls.
- Adheres to department and company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to state and federal confidentiality regulations.
- Meets and exceeds established targeted goals.
- Continuously works with supervisor to enhance region.
- Works cohesively with operations and all team members.
- Participates and completes necessary training.
- Provide weekly schedule to supervisor.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 3 years’ experience in behavioral health or addiction treatment, or sales and marketing within the treatment/recovery industry.
- A passion and desire for helping those in recovery that will outweigh your inhibitions to effectively promote services.
- Valid driver’s license required, all required RCA training upon hire date.
- Demonstrates proven sales and closing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce preferred.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the sale of products and/or services to multiple management layers of a hospital and/or health systems.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Displays tact in dealing with staff and management team.
- Willingness to be flexible in adjusting to new and changing situations.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at South Amboy – 901 Ernston Road, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879