N00144 – Collector/Processor
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As an RCA team member, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques which will make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
This position serves as the key customer interface between RCA Laboratory Services and physician office clients. The employee in this position will collect (as applicable,) process and ship specimens to be received exclusively at RCA Laboratory Services. The employee will be responsible for operating within all applicable guidelines and staying current with all professional and safety training as well as licensure as appropriate.
- Perform venipuncture and other blood-collection procedures for specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Perform urine and urine drug screen collections for specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Perform additional specimen collections, according to laboratory requirements to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of labeling on all specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Process specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories as required to assure specimen viability and quality analysis.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all requisition forms for the identification, processing and billing of all specimens sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Package and ship specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories via assigned courier services in a manner that meets DOT and IATA regulations.
- Operate and maintain all equipment associated with Genetworx Laboratories.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies necessary for the collection and processing of specimens to include periodic inventory of supplies and review of expiration dates of perishable inventory.
- Coordinate or respond to (as appropriate) company, client and patient inquiries related exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories services.
- Perform all required tasks in a fashion that meets or exceeds legal and regulatory standards including, but not limited to: privacy/confidentiality laws (e.g. HIPAA,) conflict-of-interest laws (e.g. Stark law and federal anti-kickback law,) and laboratory operations regulations (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, CAP.)
- Identify and convey to management any real or potential issues that could interfere with the company’s ability to provide services and provide feedback which could improve the company’s quality of service.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and submission of time keeping and time off requests by required deadline.
- Maintain all personal licensure and training requirements as applicable.
- Demonstrate thorough and professional communication at all times to all clients, patients and company employees.
- Assume other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma with a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in health care field
- Registry in ASCP (as PBT or MLT) or NCA (as CLPlb or CLT.)
- Three (3) to five (5) years working experience with development of increased independent responsibility.
- Meets or exceeds any and all individual requirements for the State in which they are employed.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over. Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, event spaces, treatment or out-patient facilities. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The majority of time will be spent in a physician office setting.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at South Amboy – 901 Ernston Road, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879