Patient Engagement Specialist
* Maintain the against advice discharge rate at less than 15%.
* Meet with all patients within 24 hours of admissions and lead the new patient orientation process.
* Facilitate at least two daily support/inspiration/education groups to new and high-risk patients.
* Meet with all patients again at step down from detox to residential LOC.
* Meet individually with all detox only patients in coordination with the clinical team to work to extend length of care as appropriate.
* Meet with high-risk patients individually and in small informal groups daily with the goal of developing working relationships and further engaging them in treatment.
* Assist in patient care with a focus on actively engaging patients in daily treatment, assimilating patients to the RCA community and preventing against advice discharges.
* Coordinate the against advice discharge process.
* Communicate updates regarding all high-risk patients to the clinical team on a nightly basis.
* Assist the clinical team with family engagement and education.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Preferred supervisory experience in a health/human service-related field but must have at least 6 months experience in a health/human service-related field for consideration.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
* Thorough knowledge of the 12 steps, MAT options, family engagement and the patient experience.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at South Amboy – 901 Ernston Road, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879