Website Recoverycoa Nursing
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
Registered Nurse RN
- Position Overview: Registered Nurses render professional nursing care to patients with behavioral healthcare needs. Performs total patient care assigned. Works with clinical and case management staff to coordinate care and assist with treatment plans. Administers prescribed medications. Maintains patients’ medical records on nursing observations. May assist physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
- Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical status of patients and recommends treatment options.
- Consults with medical and other behavioral healthcare staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients.
- Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
- Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of the disease of addiction and the need for treatment.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients
- Tests for vital signs of pain and ensures treatment of pain.
- Documents all patient information on medical charts and follows physician’s written orders.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations, and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
- Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by responding to requests for service or making appropriate referrals in a timely manner.
- Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate a analysis, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges
- Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions; take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Nursing professionals must be able to work in collaboration with other health professionals and leaders from other disciplines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Up to date and active nursing license in the state where this individual is delivering care
- 2 years of experience in behavioral healthcare, addiction services or five years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders and DSM criteria and terminology.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; thorough knowledge of facility proprietary systems.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Environment: Registered nurses work in different areas of the healthcare sector, such as hospitals, clinics, schools, rehabilitation centers, outpatient and mental health facilities, ambulatory care centers and private physician’s clinics. They may also work in community centers, schools and patients’ homes.
Registered nurses are expected to remain prepared for working long hours. They may also have to work on weekends, holidays and even during night shifts. They are supposed to work closely with the patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands for Registered Nurses: Heavy Lifting 50 lbs. and over (intermittently); carrying up to 45 lbs. (intermittently); repeated bending; straight pulling up to 45 lbs. (intermittently); straight pushing up to 45 . (intermittently); stooping (intermittently); squatting (intermittently); kneeling (occasionally); use of both arms; use of both hands; use of fingers; overhead work, both arms (intermittently); prolonged walking (up to 4 hours/day); prolonged standing (up to 4 hours/day); sitting (up to 2 hours/day); distanced vision – correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other; near vision – correctable to read newsprint at 13-16 inches; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing – ability to hear and understand the spoken voice from a distance of 8 feet. Emotional and mental stability; ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Raritan Bay – 901 Ernston Road, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879